Sunday, July 13, 2014

When in doubt, bake a cupcake!




Today, after a long time, I was in the mood for some baking. And also, since I'm feeling too full and high on the sugar, I thought I would just post a few pictures that are mine, for a change, and not taken from Google or Tumblr. 

Red velvet cupcakes are my weakness and I love the fragrance that wafts from the oven during baking. My home was filled with this rich velvety smell and I loved it! I had gotten a silicone cup cake mold sometime back and it was lying around unused. I decided to finally make use of it and the results were not disappointing :)

Though, of course, it will take some more practice till I get it perfectly, the first time cupcake making was not bad, even if I may say so myself. 


Yes, so now I can confidently say, when in doubt, bake a cup cake :) Okay, I better stop now. All the sugar rush is making me light headed as I not only ate the cupcake but also licked the mixing bowl clean which had some left over batter, and was awesome as well! But in my defense, it was totally worth it. 



P.S. Being the lazy person and cook that I am, I used Betty Crocker's cake mix for my easy to make cup cakes. And yes, the mix for the cream cheese frosting came with it too. All you had to do was add a little milk and whip it up nicely till it becomes rich and smooth.


This post is written for Day 13 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and NaBloPoMo


16 comments:

  1. Yum! I want to eat them Aathira. Is there anyway I can get them? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am drooling! I love anything to do with red velvet! yumm..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look yummy! the icing looks b'ful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankita! I wish I could give you some :)

      Delete
  4. I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know what to gift you on your birthday ;)

      Delete
  5. The image is making me all *drool drool* .. :D
    Me wants me wants! *puppy eyes* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could give it to you! Do come home :)

      Delete
  6. Hmmmmmmmm, Dark temptations :D !
    **Looking here and there 'me' thinks, It's Ok I will adjust with these mere six. What about Aathira ?**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help yourself, Dear! I have made a bit too many that has not made it to these pictures ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh you have to try them from scratch, its not that tough. I love baking myself too and I go crazy with each cupcake!

    Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard that it tastes much better when made from scratch. Any cake, for that matter. I keep telling myself- someday, someday... :)

      Thanks Babe :) It tasted good too!

      Delete
  8. I'm very much here at Dubai :D
    Let me know when u bake them next... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You are very much welcome to drop by anytime! :)

      Delete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...