Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The House on the Hill top

Image copyright: Björn Rudberg

Every writer needs a recluse; a place he can call his own. One that is away from the curious eyes of the public, one that is not intruded by the sounds of a busy world. For me, that place was the House on the hill top. My own little secret. This was where I penned my first novel and signed all my book deals. 

And when all else ceases to matter, this is where I shall return. Just me and my thoughts along with my old typewriter for company. 

Here, days and nights no longer exist. Here, my heart shall sing.

This post is written for Friday Fictioneers- 8th August for the above photo prompt. 

16 comments:

  1. Awe... I would like to have a place like this... and call it my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I have a room I go to - but a whole house? Magnificent and well written! Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once in a while to escape a mundane life, we need such a life :) Thank you, Nan!

      Delete
  3. Aathira, My first comment seems to have disappeared so here's a second one. That would be a great thing to have; a nice place to go and write and find peace and rest. Well written. : ) ---Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan :) It is a wonderful idea to toy with, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Aathira, it will be ideal to have such a house. You may have such a place in your dreams. In reality if there is a house, they will have tags tied to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, Ma'am. The tags... Now, how can we escape those?

      Delete
  5. And sitting there on the balcony listening to the windchimes and birds..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have just added to the charm :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I'm looking for a house like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Aathira,

    Every writer needs a place your narrator's. Lovely descriptions.

    One note of language critique. A recluse is a person who withdraws and wants to be alone. I think you might mean "refuge."

    Aside from that, nice story.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rochelle :) And Thanks for pointing out the recluse part! I didn't notice that one.

      Delete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...